PHOTOS BY SHIRLEY GALLANT
Ocean Dream Luxury Beach House is Prince Edward Island's only Canada Select™ home that is directly on the ocean, not merely “close” or “within walking distance.” There is nothing between the front steps and the water but soft green grass and a short path through the natural vegetation to the white sandy beach. With the warmest waters north of the Carolinas, PEI is regarded as one of the world's top ten island destinations (Travel & Leisure Magazine) and is among "1000 places to see before you die."
Watch our video
Located on the North Shore, Ocean Dream is just 30 minutes from Charlottetown. Greenwich National Park and its amazing dunes are a 5 minute drive, and the Island's finest golf courses are no more than 20 minutes away.
Three minutes away is the picturesque village of St. Peter's Bay. There you'll find a small grocery/convenience store, a seafood shop and several restaurants; one with gourmet fare! The village has its own live theater and many excellent craft shops. The home stretch of the confederation bike trail passes through and bike rentals are available. Eight minutes further is the town of Morell, with more extensive grocery shopping.
This newly built (2006) Cape Cod style home, so thoughtfully and completely appointed, offers a large master bedroom on each side of the house. There are two other bedrooms, providing sleeping space for eight people. Ocean Dream's feeling of peaceful seclusion is heightened by the tall firs that shelter it from the road. The property and home are surrounded by 7 acres of flowering natural vegetation and are just high enough above the shore to afford unobstructed views of sunrise, sunset and miles of beach in both directions. Ocean Dream is our summer home, designed, built, furnished and equipped for our use and enjoyment. We're happy and proud to share it with you.
Some of it's special features are:
- Completely screened 40X10 deck for dining, reading, napping
- Air conditioned throughout for hot summer days
- Thermostat controlled fireplace and baseboard heat for cooler nights
- Pillow top mattresses with high thread count linens
- Modern kitchen, fully equipped like home, right down to the champagne, wine and beer glasses
- Chef-size propane grill
- Satellite TV in all rooms
- High-speed internet with printer/fax/scanner
- Toll Free calling across Canada and to the US
- Ultraviolet water purification system with sediment filter
- Lots of closets and drawers
- Wood floors and high ceilings
- Ceiling fans throughout, including the deck
- Two full bathrooms
- Mini-barn for storing bikes, golf clubs
- Property assistant on call
- Reliable baby sitters plentiful